Love

Love

Monday, October 26, 2009

Homecoming 2009






Rebekah and Chad had homecoming this past weekend and went to the dance- Chad with his date Skylar, Rebekah with her friends Kayla and Jenna. Everyone looked great as you can see by the photos.......
Hard to believe it is almost the end of October and Halloween is this weekend. I look forward to seeing all the trick or treaters in their costumes. Our neighborhood typically has a steady stream of children. When the weather is nice (and it is supposed to be this year) Terry and I like to sit outside as the kids come up. Not sure if any of my children are going out this year..... they are all getting too grown up for that!
We will be carving our pumpkins Thursday evening. My daughter Lisa and I have been looking over some ideas trying to decide what image we want to carve- I think I want to do a stack of three pumpkins painted black, each with a different funny face. I have made a stacked creation a couple times before and our visitors usually love them. Not sure what Lisa will choose but I'm sure something challenging.
Of course no holiday would be complete without some baking....... and eating. I purchased candy melts to do in different Halloween shapes (Bekah and Lisa enjoy making these) and will probably do decorated cupcakes and cookies. The preparations are fun- and remind me of Halloweens past- times I've stayed up late sewing costumes; numerous trips to the store trying to decide what someone wanted to be; and watching my children's faces light up when they pretended for just a few hours they were a superhero or a princess. The imagination is a powerful tool for good. I try to remember not to let go of it myself, no matter how old I am.

No comments: