Love

Love

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Advent Reflections

December 6th

“Even the hairs on your head are numbered…” Matthew 10:3

Growing older sometimes means losing hair. After I blow-dry mine, I have to pick up all the stray hairs which have accumulated on my bathroom floor. When God says He knows the number of hairs on my head-is that a number constantly changing? For those of us in middle age it is!
Remember when Jesus said not a sparrow falls to the ground without God knowing? In the same way, each hair that falls to the ground He knows about. Do I then believe He doesn’t know about the brokenness I’ve carried in my life?
He sees, He knows, and He understands. The pain that I can’t put into words Jesus is able to define and illuminate. He has helped me to see how great loss can produce greater gain.
May the truth that God has your hairs numbered today remind you in this joyous season of His providence. Nothing in your life, both the good and the bad, has been ignored. Trust Christ to work things out for you. His deep magic never fails to bring life out of death.

No comments: