Love

Love

Friday, December 5, 2008

Advent Reflections

December 5th

“Before He formed you in the womb…” Jeremiah 1:5

It has been my privilege to carry 6 children at different times within my womb. Having a child growing inside is an awesome and sometimes scary experience. The understanding of the great responsibility of being a parent and guiding this new life can be overwhelming.
My six children are very different in how they look and who they are. I could see those differences soon after birth. Now that my youngest is 11 years old, I am in awe at how beautifully different they each think- and guess what- they don’t always agree with my husband and me! Each of our kids- Dale, Amber, Josiah, Chad, Rebekah, and Lisa-Noel- were created by God to be unique individuals. Each adds a special dimension to our family dynamic that I love. We function as a team, celebrating both our similarities and our differences.
In seeing my own children’s beauty, God reminds me that this is how He sees you and me. Why is it we can see the loveliness in others and only see the blemishes in ourselves?
Be reminded today that as surely as God knew His own Son before He was formed in Mary’s womb, He knows you and created you. You are beautiful and special to Him- remember that when you hear the sounds of Christmas music and see the holiday decorations. Allow God’s limitless love to embrace you like a soft blanket, bringing you confidence in yourself to follow your dreams.

No comments: