Love

Love

Monday, October 6, 2008

A whirlwind weekend

I returned a short time ago from getting Terry's Mom to the Philadelphia airport for her flight back to Florida. My parents returned to Denver yesterday, as well as Terry's brother Rick and his wife Pat returning last night to Florida. After the incredible level of activity over the past few days. it seems very quiet here at the Grandfield house.
Terry's party was great, and the roast we had for him, although funny at times, proved to be very moving as each person who spoke shared their heart towards Terry and how he had touched their lives. Many tears were shed. After a very rough couple years for my husband it was a good thing for him to receive such kind, encouraging remarks. I have found that God always brings those rays of light when we walk through dark times.
The older I get the more I cherish the times when my family gets together. When everyone is scattered across the country like both sides of our family is, we feel so blessed to have everyone together for just a couple days. Terry and I also realize that the days when we have all our children together will be less and less- they are leading their own lives and eventually some of them will also move far away to pursue their dreams. The smell of change is apparent on a daily basis, making me feel terribly insecure but also pushing me to embrace and recognize the positive with each different season. It is all good. I look ahead, take a deep breath, and smile.

No comments: