Love

Love

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Back to School

My collection of Scarecrows, along with photos of me with my siblings (love you Lisa, Noel, and Chad!!!), and my shepherd girl doll (she represents a story I will share another day!)


The Scarecrow is going back to school.... finally!!!!

Tomorrow I go to orientation at Temple University.....the start of yet another adventure on the road of my life.

Who'd have thought the yellow brick road would lead me to north Philly?

All this reminder of my identity as Scarecrow brought me back to my first self-published piece of writing, the Amazing Grace Newsletter (I will be adding a link to an additional page for this soon). That was in January 1998, the same year we made our move from Florida to Pennsylvania..... a year of tremendous change, a year of coming home.

But coming back physically to PA was only the start of another lengthy hike to get to today, where I am finally at home within myself. It feels good, and well worth the time and effort required to get here.

"And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the
first time."
- T.S. Eliot

I have many new ideas for this blog, ones I hope to implement as I move forward in my first semester at college. Hope you will join me as I enter this new world of higher learning..... and God willing, the Scarecrow's middle age brain will meet the challenge!

If you have ever been to northern Philadelphia, you know I best not compare it to the Emerald City (haha)..... however the opportunities I will find there will enable me to gather more knowledge, equipping me to be a better writer and photographer.

My sister Lisa found this certificate a few years back and passed it along to me. I thought it appropriate to post!


Always remember
it's never too late to go home 
And when you get there
where you started
 Take that new path you see 
and boldly
 Follow your dreams




No comments: