Love

Love

Monday, January 16, 2012

A Simple Pinecone


Change is coming this year in my life in some potentially bold ways, and as I see it and sense it rolling ever closer a part of me cringes and wants to resist, push back, drag my feet, protesting loudly, vehemently- I'm too old for all this, aren't I, God?

Apparently God doesn't think so.

In church the words of Psalm 139:2 bring comfort.
"You trace my journeys and my resting places
and are acquainted with all my ways."

A journey isn't static, it involves movement, forward movement, often when I feel least capable of taking a leap of faith.
"Don't think..... do."

So I chose to use a plain, simple, unadorned, modest, easy to understand pinecone as my photo today. A reminder of the place of inner rest I have when I simply trust this journey to God.

No comments: