Love

Love

Saturday, May 23, 2009

An Eventful May





This month is flying by, so before it is over I wanted to share a little about what has been happening here at the Grandfield household. Josiah went to prom with his girlfriend Jessica and celebrated his 18th birthday on May 17th. Amber moved back home from Philadelphia. She and I shot a wedding yesterday for her former roommate from West Chester University. Chad started golf lessons with a pro named Paul Viola who is one of the best at working with young people in the Lehigh Valley. He also got a job at Wedgewood golf course working in the pro shop which means-yeah!!- free range tokens and rounds of golf.
Dale auditioned for two church music positions, didn't get the first one, but is a top contender for the second. He is practicing piano wherever he can to prepare for an audition to Julliard in November.It thrills my heart to see he has found his way back to the piano. Please join me in praying God will provide him with a piano he can afford for his home.
Rebekah was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society and finished her season in track strongly with a win in the discus (though she hates track and doesn't want to do it next year-love those teenage attitudes- having almost four at once keeps things lively for Terry and me.) Lisa-Noel has discovered a great hobby and passion for baking and is making homemade yeast donuts in the morning. In the past week she has baked banana bread with a chocolate swirl, peanut butter cookies with white chocolate chips, and now the donuts!! Wonder who she gets this love of baking from???
Maybe the biggest news here is that on May 19th, the day before my 48th birthday, I FINISHED MY NOVEL!!!!!
Thank you to all my family and friends who have supported and encouraged me to pursue this dream. I'm hoping to have my story ready to submit by July 1st. God is faithful to complete what he starts within us. We just have to be willing to take a risk and see what happens. Whether this work of mine gets published or not it has already accomplished something in my own life- a final healing from my past. There is liberation in being true to ourselves. I believe God wants all of us to find our way there realizing that our true identity is not defined by what happened to us or even our sometimes poor choices, but by who God created us to be. I had to go backwards to find my path forward. I am forever thankful.

No comments: