Love

Love

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving behind-Advent ahead

In the Webster's dictionary the definition for advent is: a coming or arrival, as of any important event or person. When a capital A is attached to the same word, as in Advent, the definition is the birth of Christ. For two thousand years Advent has been associated with our Saviors birth. It has marked a time of anticipation for believers as we recall the events leading up to Jesus' birth. 
As a child I remember having an advent calendar. Each day as I opened another small window it meant I was one day closer to Christmas- and although for most children that means the part of Christmas with gifts that Santa leaves- it gave me the sense that in this season there is something to look forward to, something bigger than the gifts I would forget by the following year. Advent is all about anticipation of someone good, someone noteworthy, someone life changing. His name is Jesus.
Last year I gave my Advent Reflections book out to numerous friends and family. This year I am posting it here on my blog, in hopes that more people will have an opportunity to view it. These writings have given me an opportunity to share my personal thoughts and stories in order to show how Christ has met me in my life to bring healing and hope. I look forward to the holiday season because I know that in different ways here in 2008 He will meet me again.
If you do choose to follow with me on my journey this advent season, thank you. It is a blessing to have companions join me in my quest to know Jesus in a deeper way. Love, grace, mercy, and peace to you and your family this blessed time of year!

No comments: