Love

Love

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Love Finds Me




Love arrives.

It appears at my door 
without a shirt, 
surprisingly inventive, 
having no guile.

Not an object of my affection,
or careless whisper echoing back
of places I chose to forget.

I have a confession to make:
I don't know how to spell.

Letters and words that went together before-
I plus- love- plus you,
Now appear gone forever.

So instead of words I choose 
five tissue paper colors.

Black. Orange Red. Teal Blue. Pale Pink. Lavender.

With my hands I cut squares -
placing them on the eraser of a pencil,
adding a drop of glue,
pressing them into place.

I bow my head in silence.
Listen closer. 
Dive deeper.
Wait.

An ancient melody arises within,
fresh and new and unexpected.

Surprise.

True love finds me.



































No comments: